Tuesday, March 17, 2009

More student work

I'm not sure if my readers (aka parents and sister) find these posts at all interesting but I can't help myself. I've noticed that on the nights when I don't have tutoring I will sometimes go from 3 PM until 6:30 AM without talking, the time I get off the bus to the time I get back on. Well, that's not always the case when I bring my students' journals home to correct. As you can see, they write what they are thinking and don't try and sugar coat their feelings. Their entries usually make me laugh and comment out loud, which then makes me feel like a weirdo for having such a great time when no one else around.

Side note: I cannot remember why my students were so fascinated with ice but for some odd reason we must have been talking about it because as you'll see it popped up in several of their letters.


Dear, M, Rebecca
How you live on ice and it so big? And is brocken? And Is to cold and next to your house a kyte and you can go out?

br friend,
I like my frends thay likes me. I like soccer, backit ball. I am a good boy and my frend is good olso. Thay no how to hlp me.


Dear Ms. Rebecca,
Thank you for celebrating My birthday party Ms. Rebecca, But they didn't gave me presents just beacuse Ms. L don't let them bring presents for me but It's was the best birthday party ever.
Love,
H

Dear Ms. Rebecca
Yesterday I have fun in H's birthday and he brang sanwichs, Juices and the cake and it pictured like a shark. is there ice land in america?

Dear Ms Rebecca,
Thank you for celeberating my birthday Ms. Rebecca. I am an ogre.

On one day there was a dragon. He was furious. He did bad things. He didn't let anyone come to his house. He bluw fire on the town and he blew our bank. He blow the place where we have breakfast and he blow dire on the obat. The people threw fire at him. All the people hated him. He cried and he went home. He asked his mom, "why do people hate me?" "Because you are blowing a building where people work in." He went back to the town and fixed the building and he said sorry to everyone and everyone liked him.

And one quote for good measure:
(After completing a lesson on prefixes)
S: miss can you move my face I'm being quiet.
R: This is talking out which is the opposite of being quiet.
S: Oh... I'm being un-quiet.

No comments: