Thursday, November 13, 2008

For your entertainment

Everyday I spend 10-15 minutes reading from James and the Giant Peach to my class. This may be the first activity which they all really seem to enjoy. This week we learned how to write a friendly letter. I told them that if they gave their best effort that James might write back - therefore, I will be spending my weekend responding to the following seven letters. I will do my best to disguise my handwriting, even though I know the boys will catch on. I can remember how my sister and I would always look forward to our letter from Santa with the mysterious block letters and cursive signature that looked strangely similar to my father's writing.

I would like to share their work and I hope you enjoy these letters as much as I have. I've translated a few words, written inside the parentheses to help you out. Please take a look at the last letter. It comes from my student who normally sits and waits for the day to pass by and who I haven't been able to get excited about learning, until James and the Giant Peach and this writing assignment.

Dear James Henry Trotter.
My name is A___. I am good with my frnind (friend) and I be good with you and I not hit any budy and I sorry. for lating (I think he meant losing) your mothe , and dad die. What is it fun for with inceicet (insects)? and you have brothers and, sisters? whiat is your favairet movie? but wow how you got enside the peach! From me, A__
James can you please write me a later? your friend: A __
Your friend?
A__

Dear James Henry Trotter,
My name is H__, nice to meet you James. How are you. I love playing soccer, baseball and more. I am 9 to 10 years old. James, will you be my friend please, really. Please write to me a letter if you want me.
Your friend,
H___
Were you proud that aunt sponge and aunt spiker died, tell me.

Dear James Henry Trotter,
My name is S__. I am 10 years old. My favorite movie is madness combat. My favorite is videogame. Is the peach big. Did aunt sponge and aunt spiker see the gaint peach is rolling on them? I mean that James see the peach big. Do you like peach? James please write me a letter.
Not your friend,
S____

Dear James Henry Trotter,
M name is A__ I am nine years old and I good of computer and good of writing and how you get down the peach also how you a bugs? And you are an actor and pleas cold you give me a leter.
your friend,
A__

Dear James Henry Trotter,
My name is Z__. I like kickball and planes and buses and trains and boats and spaceships. Why areyou horible aunts like this they. They allwas (always) tell you to do orders. my age is 9 years old see you James. Will you pleas write me a letter? Your friend Z__ and tell your aunts to be nice t you.

Dear James Henry Trotter,
My name is Mr. T__ I like to play soccer match. I like to play wll my friends. I like school. you like a peach? You are fat or no? you like music. I like math. Wow you are 22 years you so good splier yes or no. you like school? me no? you? James will you please write me a letter? I LOVE ME
T____

Dear James Henry Trotter,
Dear James. I will be 10 years old at January 5. I was born at 1999. My name is S __. Do you wish to tell your aunts how you feel! Did you cry when your aunts did not allow you to eat the peech? Why were you afariad of the creatures. Do you like them now? Are you 315 pounds? James will please writ me a lettr? Your friend S__. Wher you crying when you wran (ran) over your aunts diead? Will you be frends with the bugs? Will you stay with an enemy? Will you bebest frends with the irth werm and spider and the lady bug and grass hoper? When you wher cuting the peech wher you afrade that your aunts eat the gient peech they a crazy or not? Wher you afraid when you wher in the peech and the peech got into the water yes of no? when the peech got in the water did you wished to swim? yes or no? when the peech got in the woter wher you breatheing yes or no? did the spider breathe yes or no? did the lady bug cry did she breathe or she did not wher her eyes? Did the erth worm was scared or not did she breathe or no or she did not breathe when the peech got out of the water or she cod (could) of died? When the peech brake the building and farms.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

awww that is sooo cute. I love how they all ask so many questions, especially the last letter. The kid would ask a question then say, yes or no? sooo cute. I can't wait to see you soon inshaAllah, its getting very close now!!!