Friday, January 23, 2009

Oh no! I'm snowed in...

For the most part my students have done a really great job of transitioning back into our school routine. I have to admit that I was nervous and wasn’t sure how they would do with being away from “strict” Ms. Rebecca and our classroom expectations. For all their hard work, I decided to reward them with a surprise of hot chocolate. I was able to incorporate it into a lesson by doing the following. I gave each student a paper with the picture below and asked them to write a story as if they were there. After we finished brainstorming some winter words on the board, they got to work and I walked around and handed out hot chocolate.



When the rain is down then the wind had make a snow in earth to Antarctica, Antartc ocean and Antnic ocean and It can catch trees and houses and forests. And beachs and liquids and picnics can make it cold until ten degrees and one hundred thousand ice in a earth and igloos make a house very cold! Next seals and walruses can warm that inside in there body have hot warm that is in until tewent digrees when he's warming hot and cold. Next penguins can make baby penguins when mother penguin must eat food can baby penguins must there body is growing. And me I am a ice fishing and my fishing brothers is H and A and A were going at my igloo house cooking Barbie qu and drink hot chocolate then we go fishing then to ride we go at another igloo house at Antarcica Portland to see K, S T and Z and all of us ride at my snow dogs and we go at the porltand hotel and manager room tell us three room me h and a in room one a z and s in room two k and t put sleeping bags in room one on the floor and we sleep at night next week then we go down stairs eating breakfast then ms. Rebecca and ms Rana see us eating breakfast and they eat breakfast like the same and ms rebecca and ms rana took room three.

Antarctica but I can wait for my friends to come later. and then, A came to Antarctica and he was lost. I came to him then, He smiled. So we played together like snow fighting, later, we saw polar bears and we saw S and A so the four of us ride polar bears and then we saw T alone. We let him ride a polar bear and we played racing. We won together and we found ms. Rebecca and Ms. Rana. And then, we found an igloo and we stayed and drink hot chocolate with marsh mellows together. We found Z and S and K so we drinked together happily ever after.

Snow bird conot (cannot) fly and snow man conot (cannot) walk and reindeer conut (cannot) fly. Hot chocolate is not an ice. Polar bear can swim and bild a house. A mamooth is strong elephant if I go there I will bring some of the snow and the snow is very cold and I will do igloo. The killer whale can swim in the cold water.

I see snow bird, ice, iced and snow, windy, freezing, glacier and I drink hot chocolate. I not happy. I am ok. I not ok. I am sad, I want my mommy I see a taxsy I say stop I get in sid the car I say go go I told him go to my home. I go home I opne the heter and the fiyer and I coll the taxsy and I say than the you.

Antarctica I have to survive and eat fish there is no cars I have to walk it will take a long time I’m going to have to clime without sliping il have to make an igloo I have to serch for food. Stoped and saw a bus that said Antarctic bus I got on it and it went strate home to my mom and dads hotel I get to get of the bus and I cried mom and dad why did you leav me alone my said said I sorry I will never leave you again my dad and mom hugied me and they gave me hot choclate

No comments: